TETRACOM applies a novel instrument (“TTP”) to boost European academia-to-industry technology transfer in all ICT domains. With special focus on SMEs, TETRACOM helped to generate a multitude of new jobs, new products, and new businesses via its 50 bilateral TTPs.
TETRACOM currently runs, or has completed, 50 individual Technology Transfer Projects (TTPs). The three open calls for TTPs received 107 TTP proposals, with a total acceptance rate of 36%. The average co-funding of TTPs by TETRACOM is around 25,000 Euros.
TETRACOMS project reports
Number of submissions
Average TTP co-funding by company partner
- 29 publications in international journals and conferences.
- 40 TTP-specific presentations at workshops, trade shows and regional forums took place.
- 12 TTPs contributed their results as open source software or services based on open source platforms.
- 12 TTP-related patent applications have been filed.
- Most TTPs delivered new professional or educational training
activities and materials.
- There were already 17 very concrete cases of TTP-related technology adoption by the partner company in the form of new products or new features and services. 12 company partners reported internal process improvements.
- 19 TTPs reported an immediate impact on sales projections and VC investment acquisition.
- 21 additional jobs have been created with the TTPs´ company partners.
- All TTPs reported improved opportunities for sustainable academia-industry partnerships, e.g. in the form of follow-up TTP proposals or other grant applications.
- Most TTPs traced back their project to a previous or ongoing publicly funded research grant.
- Most TTPs reported a TRL elevation by 2 levels, TRL 7 being the typical target.